Information regarding bus routes, catchment, contacts, safety, and various parent/guardian and contractor resources can be found below.
How does the Newfoundland and Labrador English School District (NLESD or the District) determine who is eligible for student transportation?
How do I find my child's bus route and stop information?
How do I register my child for student transportation?
My child is going to Kindergarten. Is there anything special I should know?
I have chosen to send my child to a school other than our zoned school. Will transportation be provided?
French Immersion is not available at my child's zoned school. Can I request busing to the nearest school offering French Immersion?
I feel my child's designated stop is unsafe. How do I request a change in stop location?
NLESD ensures safe bus routes and bus stops, however, parents and guardians are ultimately responsible for the safety of students travel to and from bus stops. The safety of students rests with the parent or guardian until they are safely on the bus.
How far will my child have to walk to get the bus?
I have concerns about the route my child must walk to get to school. Who should I contact regarding my concerns?
Concerns regarding safe walking routes in your community should be addressed with your municipality or the organization responsible for road maintenance in your community. You can also certainly advise your school or the District about such concerns for their information.
I have other children at home and cannot accompany my child to the bus. Can the bus make an extra stop at my house?
Why can’t students eat or drink on the bus?
What is the seating capacity of a school bus?
- Grades K-6: 70 Passengers
- Grades K-12 (Mixed Load): 70 Passengers
- Grades 7-12: 63 Passengers
My child goes to daycare after school and will need to take a different bus in the afternoon. How do I arrange busing to the daycare?
Students may apply for a courtesy seat on an alternate route provided:
- The change is consistent 5 days a week;
- The requested stop is pre-existing on an alternate route serviced by the school; and,
- There is sufficient capacity on the bus.
- Labrador Region Public Inquiry Form
- Western Region Public Inquiry Form
- Central Region Public Inquiry Form
- Avalon Region Public Inquiry Form
- Labrador Region
Tel: (709) 896-6025 (Includes all of Labrador)
- Western Region
Tel: (709) 637-4040 (Ranges from Northern Peninsula to Southwest Coast to the Baie Verte Peninsula)
- Central Region
Tel: (709) 256-2547 Ext. 238 (Ranges from Badger to Arnold's Cove, including Bonavista and Burin Peninsulas)
- Avalon Region
Tel: (709) 757-4664 (All the Avalon Peninsula)
Open School Bus Route Documents
Open School Catchment Viewer
You can also link directly to our viewer below to open full screen:email@example.com
- Overview of Contract Changes
- Contract Reference Comparison (June 3, 2015)
- EECD School Bus (Regular) Template FINAL (June 17, 2015)
- EECD School Bus (Alternate - Bus) Template FINAL (June 17, 2015)
- EECD School Bus (Private Vehicle) Template FINAL (June 17, 2015)
- EEDC School Bus Template Notes for Tender (June 3, 2015)
- Tenders and Vendors
- Student Expectations on the Bus